1. Create an account at www.bountifulbaskets.org
2. Order a basket.
3. Pick up your basket.
4. Enjoy your food.
This is a not-for-profit food co-op for families. There are no contracts.
Help us create a local site! If you have an account OR create an account, email firstname.lastname@example.org. I have to have 50 accounts to qualify for a local site so I am collecting names to present to BB for verification.
- Choose your county, then choose your city.
- I choose Montgomery County, Magnolia - Society of Samaritans - this is a 17 mile drive that takes 30-40minutes depending on traffic.
- I have chosen Harris county, the nearest location is Harmony School of Excellence in the Jersey Village area - this is a longer drive for me, so I have stuck with the Magnolia location.
- On this side of Houston, there are sites at Copperfield, Jersey Village, Conroe, Kingwood, Atascocita.
- Order from the site that is convenient to you.
- Know that Houston has the Week B delivery schedule.
- You will receive weekly emails from Sally & Tanya. You will not be able to order on Week A because there are no Houston area sites.
- Check the schedule on the right side of the main page for Week B dates.
- You must order a basket to order anything else. $15 You can order up to 3 baskets.
- If you want an organic basket, there is a $10 upcharge.
- If this is your first time to order, there is a one time charge of $3.
- Each week, add-ons are available to order. These are OPTIONAL, but a really great value.
- If you don't need any of them, don't order them.
- Add-ons examples - every week these options are different
- Bulk produce (20lbs of potatoes or 40lbs of apples)
- Specialized packs (Juice Pack, Stew Pack, Holiday pack, Tamale Pack)
- Breads, granola, molasses, coconut oil, 1 gal olive oil
- People swear by the
- bread packs
- wrap packs
- bulk produce - pineapples, strawberries, blueberries, corn, mangos, onions, carrots, etc.
- PICK UP
- Be on time, specific to the site. Pick up is within 20minutes of that time.
- Bring something to transport your produce home. I bring reusable grocery bags. Some people bring laundry baskets.
- A basket is actually 2 small laundry baskets - one is fruits, one is vegetables - this is your $15 purchase. Every week, the produce changes. Some seasons are heavy fruit, some heavy vegetables, some equal parts.
- Your Contribution Receipt will be sent via email. Print that email or have it ready on your phone. The Site Coordinator must be able to see the contribution confirmation number.
- Usually, a line of people will form by the Volunteer Site Coordinator.
- Show your email to the VSC, get your basket.
- Go to the Add-on area and show your receipt - pick up your add-on packs.
- 6 times a year is the request. Some do more, some do less.
- A volunteer helps unload the truck, distribute produce to the baskets, tear down boxes, etc.
- A volunteer spreads the word about great produce at a great price.
- Using Bountiful Baskets has reduced my monthly grocery budget considerably.
- The produce is not locally grown.
- The produce is distributed from Phoenix, Arizona by Bountiful Baskets and is purchased from Kodak Produce which purchases from Central and South America.
- The volunteers do not make any profit from this venture, this includes the VSC.