Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Reality Bites

Today, was the realization that I cannot put one more thing on the calendar in the next 2 weeks. There is no room to accomplish everything I want to do. So that I can prepare for the day, I am getting to the school between 7:00-7:30am. The school day is 9am-4pm. I often don't leave until 5:30-6:00pm. I feel like I am working non-stop during this time and yet, there is still a long task list. Each week, I hit this 'point of no return' exhaustion, but somehow, I keep going. Wonder Woman has to crash sometime.
 
On the way home from work tonight, it hit me that I will not be the mother I want to be this year. Is it sad that I think, "Well, my child is still young, she won't remember"? Yes, it is! I resolved that I will live completely in the moments that I am with Meg. Honestly, that is not a lot. 1 hour in the morning, 1-2 hours in the evening, and 48 hours of the weekend. It's reality.
 
I'm berating myself for the little things that I cannot solve, that won't solve themselves, and I cannot control. I am overwhelmed.
 
This too shall pass...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment