Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last day

The last day of school is always bittersweet for me. I can easily shed a few tears...or more. I really loved this group of 8th graders. They were extremely talented, full of personality, way too chatty, and very receptive to what the music offered them each day. The groups that follow them have their own personalities. My 8th grade girls are generally very quiet and compliant - it will make rehearsals more disciplined and create better flow. They are all very musical and want so much.

At the end of 4th pd today, I had a discussion with my 7th graders who are currently in Advanced Treble - they are the returning members of thisTMEA group.

I asked, "What are you looking forward to about 8th grade?"
They all answered very confidently, "TMEA!"
My heart swelled!

I hope, as a teacher & choir director, I can create an musical experience that stays with them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment